Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Daddy

To My Daddy

I always said I am "Daddy's little girl"

On Monday, January 16, 2012 my daddy transitioned to a new life when the angels took him to heaven. He started that day with lots of pain, but he left us with peacefulness surrounding him.

I will miss you daddy, but I am remembering the wonderful times we had as a family. I remember when I came home from school on the bus. I would look to see if your Studebaker was there and I always felt safe knowing you were there to meet me.

You always had a smile for me, Carol, and Len. You often laughed and our home was always filled with love. You never really raised your voice to us, but we knew when we needed to "adjust" our attitude.

You had a genuine love for us, but I know I saw it in what you did. You showed me love by how you treated our mama. You helped her in so many ways and always smiled at her. You not only listened, but you heard what was spoken to you. I know we joked saying you had selective hearing, but you always listened.

I just want to say, I will always be your little girl and I will always honor and respect you, and I will always remember you with lots of love and a big smile.

To you my daddy
From your little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment